- Build a shared vision and mission that forms the foundation for your cross-industry innovation project.
- Evaluate this shared vision and mission. Each potential partner does this individually as well as in consultation with the people it represents. By endorsing the shared vision and mission, a potential partner becomes a sustainable partner.
- Confirm the partnership agreement. Set short-term goals and identify quick wins among sustainable cross-industry partners.
In this final step, unite all collaborators to formulate a shared vision and mission as well as a list of common goals. Use the mission statement to explain why your cross-industry collaboration exists in the first place. List the changes you want to achieve together in the vision statement. Lastly, make sure to include short-term goals. Such quick wins will get all parties energized and motivated to dive headfirst into the project.
- A selection of common goals
- A shared vision and mission, protected and endorsed by a group of cross-industry partners
- Short-term goals to boost the partners' energy levels